Focus and Scope
The Journal of Tehran University Heart Center (JTHC) aims to publish the highest quality material, both clinical and scientific, on all aspects of cardiovascular Medicine. It includes articles related to research findings, technical evaluations, and reviews. In addition, it provides a forum for the exchange of information on all aspects of Cardiovascular Medicine, including educational issues. “The journal of Tehran University Heart Center” is an International, English language, peer reviewed journal concerned with Cardiovascular Medicine. It is an official Journal of the Cardiovascular Research Center of the Tehran University of Medical Sciences (in collaboration with the Iranian Society of Cardiac Surgeons) and is published quarterly. Papers submitted to this journal which do not adhere to the Instructions for Authors will be returned for appropriate revision to be in line with the instructions for authors. They may be then resubmitted. Submission of an article implies that the work described has not been published previously (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis), that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, that its publication is approved by all authors and tacitly or explicitly by the responsible authorities where the work was carried out, and that, if accepted, it will not be published elsewhere in the same form. In English or in any other language, without the written consent of the publisher.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
All journal papers are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, which permits any non-commercial use, sharing, adaptation, distribution and reproduction in any medium or format, as long as you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source.
Article Processing Charges
As Tehran University of Medical Sciences is supporting most of the publishing costs of Journal of Tehran University Heart Center, article processing charge and any other publication fees in the journal are free for authors.
Journal of Tehran University Heart Center is published as an open access electronic journal, so there is no subscription fee for audiences.
Journal of Tehran University Heart Center accepts NO advertisements in the journal website and articles.
Authors have copyright but license exclusive rights in their article to the publisher*.
Authors have the right to:
- Share their article according to the "Personal Use rights"** so long as it contains the end user license and the DOI link to the version of record in this journal.
- Retain intellectual property rights (including research data).
- Proper attribution and credit for the published work.
* This includes the right to make and authorize commercial use.
** Personal use rights
Authors can use their articles, in full or in part, for scholarly, non-commercial purposes such as:
- Use by an author in the author’s classroom teaching (including distribution of copies, paper or electronic)
- Distribution of copies (including through e-mail) to known research colleagues for their personal use (but not for Commercial Use)
- Inclusion in a thesis or dissertation (provided that this is not to be published commercially)
- Use in a subsequent compilation of the author’s works
- Extending the Article to book-length form
- Preparation of other derivative works (but not for Commercial Use)
- Otherwise using or re-using portions or excerpts in other works