Recurrent Chest Pain due to a Huge Left Main Aneurysm: A Case Report
Coronary artery aneurysms (CAAs) are rare, and aneurysms of the left main coronary artery are extremely rare. Atherosclerosis is the main cause of CAAs.
An 87-year-old man with atypical chest pain of 1 month’s duration presented to a hospital. Physical examinations of the patient’s cardiopulmonary system and vital signs were unremarkable. Electrocardiography showed a right bundle branch block and an atypical ST-segment elevation in the inferior leads. Coronary angiography demonstrated a huge aneurysm in the left main without any clots. Additionally, there were no remarkable findings in cardiac monitoring and spiral chest computed tomography scanning. Ultimately, after he received nitroglycerin, β-blockers, Ca++ channel blockers, Aspirin (ASA), and clopidogrel (Plavix), his pain was relieved.
2. Alioglu E, Turk UO, Engin C, Tengiz I, Tuzun N, Posacioglu H. Left main coronary artery aneurysm in young patient with acute myocardial infarction. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 2009;10:494-496.
3. Tuncer E, Onsel Turk U, Alioglu E. Giant saccular aneurysm of the left main coronary artery. J Geriatr Cardiol 2013;10:110-112.
4. Açar B, Ünal S, Yayla Ç, Ertem AG, Şentürk B, Özdemir M, Balcı MM, Maden O. Giant aneurysm of the left main coronary artery: a case report. J Tehran Heart Cent 2018;13:35-37.
5. Pappy R, Wayangankar S, Kalapura T, Abu-Fadel MS. Rapidly evolving coronary aneurysm in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis. Cardiol Res Pract 2011;2011:659439.
6. Saleh WK, Aljabbari O, Reardon MJ. Case report: a rare case of a giant right coronary artery aneurysm. Methodist Debakey Cardiovasc J 2015;11:135-136.
7. Everett JE, Burkhart HM. Coronary artery aneurysm: case report. J Cardiothorac Surg 2008;3:1.
8. Srikanth S, Ambrose JA. Pathophysiology of coronary thrombus formation and adverse consequences of thrombus during PCI. Curr Cardiol Rev 2012;8:168-176.
9. Chen T, Li J, Xu Q, Li X, Lv Q, Wu H. Antithrombotic therapy of a young adult with giant left main coronary artery aneurysm. Int Heart J 2020;61:601-605.
10. Iwakura T, Toguchi K, Kato I, Asakawa N. Internal thoracic artery patch repair of a saccular left main coronary artery aneurysm. J Cardiothorac Surg 2019;14:38.
|Issue||Vol 17 No 1 (2022): J Teh Univ Heart Ctr|
|Coronary aneurysm Coronary artery disease Angiography Chest pain Thrombosis|
|Rights and permissions|
|This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.|